What is QTIndexSwapper?
With the release of the Flash Player 9 Update that supports H.264, we can now play a subset of H.264 movie files. The problem is most of the H.264 files have the index at the end of the file which for progressive download means you have to download the whole file before you can start watching any of the video.
In the notes from Tinic Uro, Adobe engineer working on the changes, there is mention of a C application that helps with rearrange the innards of a movie to put the index at the beginning. Thus help with the progressive download issue. To this end I have create an AIR application which does the index swapping for you.
v2.3.8 – 2013.05.14
- Fixed a bug for command line invocations was not working correctly.
v2.3.6 – 2012.07.24
- Default file filter string is .m instead of mp4 to handle other .m files like .m4v. Add 3rd command line argument to allow devs to change file filter string. If you use the command line a log file will be written to the File.documentsDirectory called qtindexswapper_commandline.log file.
v2.3.1 – 2010.11.15
- Fixed a injected bug from 2.3.0 release, it closed after processing for non-command line invocations.
v2.3.0 – 2010.11.15
- Feature: Command line invocation. Requires 2 args: arg == folder/file path of files to be processed, arg == folder string with trailing slash where processed files are saved.
v2.2.2 – 2010.08.28
- Bug Fix: Changed checks to be more loose on last atom validity.
v2.2.1 – 2010.08.23
- Bug Fix: Some mp4′s had FREE atoms after MOOV, now it checks to see if MOOV is in front regardless of what is the last atom.
- Bug Fix: Processing a lot of files at once was broken, its fixed now.
- Bug Fix: UI changes to handle large number of files being processed at once, added scrollbar if its larger then X number of files.
v2.2.0 – 2010.08.19
- Bug Fix: If you had a upper case extension (ie: .MOV) it did not append _qtp correctly.
- Bug Fix: Large files where having no sound are not indexed properly. You’ll want to rerun original files with v2.2.0.
v2.1.0 – 2010.08.04
- Made faster, checks Atoms first before processing whole file.
- Faster and more responsive when processing large files, no more out of memory errors.
v2.0.2 – 2010.08.03
- Updated UI to properly show errors or success.
- Fixed clear UI and selecting new files after first batch.
- Added update script to check for updates of the application itself.
- Updated to AIR 2.0 and changed UI form factor.