Flex and myFeedz, no crossdomain.xml love
I went ahead and signed up for an account on the new myFeedz, from Adobe labs, a social newspaper web application. After signing up and checking out my profile I noticed an API key. So I decided to go ahead and make a quick Flex application access some of the myFeedz API. This was pretty easily done with HTTPService and JSON (from the AS 3.0 libraries).
You can return posts or tag clouds from the general myFeedz site or your own profile of feeds. It seems to have been having some lag issues but it works most of the time. I created a simple search application to search for posts by tag terms. This worked fine on my local machine where there is no security issue but when I deployed it out on my server the application throws a security error.
Looking at the crossdomain.xml for the myFeedz site takes you to the homepage. So no Flex API love.
I’ll post the code any ways so if the crossdomain.xml gets fixed you can check the code. Just right click to view the source.